Van Pool Transportation is dedicated to providing a superior level of special needs transportation services to our schools, students and communities. Critical to our success is the performance of our drivers and Monitors who provide safe and reliable transportation of special needs students to and from educational settings.
• Monitor student behavior to provide appropriate guidance, feedback, and direction when necessary
• Safely assist students as needed. This includes helping them enter and exit the vehicle, using the vehicle’s lap and shoulder belts, and safely securing them in car seats and booster seats. Lifting may be required
• Report unsafe and inappropriate student behavior to management; follow directions and implement corrective steps as assigned
• Complete weekly documentation and recordkeeping as required by Van Pool
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Available to work a split shift (morning approx. 5:45-9:30 am) AND (afternoon approx. 1:00-5:30 pm)
• Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly in English with students, parents, teachers, and Van Pool staff
• Must be able to pass a drug screen, CORI, and other background checks
• Be able to perform First Aid and CPR during training and during an actual emergency
• Ability to position wheelchairs, safely install and secure wheelchair restraints
• Must enjoy working with children, and possess the ability to show patience and empathy at all times
In 1986, Van Pool was founded with the idea of partnering with school districts to provide superior service and expertise in transporting special needs students to and from educational settings. Since that time we’ve steadily grown by providing best in class service to become the leader in providing special needs transportation services in Massachusetts. We currently serve over 100 school districts and 5,000 students daily from seven locations across Massachusetts.
Van Pool has built its reputation upon doing “Whatever It Takes” to ensure that the safety and individual requirements of our students are met each and every day.